Infrastructure Manager [M/F] – 1 vacancy Post (Ref.: CCMAR/IM/04/2017)
The Algarve Centre for Marine Science (CCMAR) has a vacancy for an Infrastructure Manager (M/F) to satisfy temporary needs under an uncertain term employment contract, in order to manage and develop the Portuguese node of the European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC) and related activities. The EMBRC is a distributed research infrastructure that aims to provide a strategic delivery mechanism for excellent and large-scale marine science in Europe. With its services, EMBRC will support both fundamental and applied research based on marine bioresources and marine ecosystems.
The Infrastructure Manager will work in an international environment and will coordinate, manage and develop the EMBRC Portugal, liaising with the EMBRC headquarters and reporting to the Directors of EMBRC Portugal and of CCMAR.
- Manage and develop the EMBRC Portugal according to the strategy established by the Board of directors.
- Oversee the implementation of EMBRC Portugal at its facilities, organize and prepare node meetings and ensure good communication with liaison officers.
- To participate in EMBRC-ERIC meetings, write minutes and report back to the directors.
- To liaise with the EMBRC-ERIC headquarters to improve service provision, reporting, project preparation and any other items requested to the nodes.
- Manage the EMBRC Portugal participation in national, European and international infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate the service provision and guidance to applicants of the Portuguese node of EMBRC.
- Develop foresight planning of infrastructure update requirements to stay at the forefront of science and economy needs.
- To coordinate CCMAR’s EMBRC staff, scientific services, communication and dissemination strategy.
- Liaise with clients, ensuring effective project management and where necessary conduct client audits to ensure successful relationships.
- To write proposals for funding and collaboration with relevant partners.
- To write the EMBRC annual reports and auditing requests.
- A doctoral degree in a relevant science discipline with at least 5 years demonstrated postdoctoral experience and a record in the conduct of scientific research or in leadership positions in research or innovation organizations.
- Strong leadership and people management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated success at writing projects (especially) to European Commission programmes for funding.
- Ability to work within international, interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- A full command of excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in teams, in a fast pace environment, where information needs to be communicated, requested and shared among several key personnel.
- Start-up mentality, with the ability to work occasionally in short-term projects, with different people, with different roles, with a broad range of functions.
- Excellent communication, networking and partnership building skills.
- Ability to develop strong and lasting relationships with industrial and commercial partners.
- Ability to work under pressure meeting tight deadlines.
Salary: Monthly gross salary of approximately 2700 €.
Expected start date: May 2017
Working contract conditions: uncertain term employment contract starting on May 2017.
Working Schedule: 35 hours weekly, and the possibility to work at weekends as needed.
Working Place: Gambelas Campus of the University of Algarve. Occasional trips in Europe might be required.
Application Period: between 04 and 18 of April 2017.
Selection Committee: Adelino V. M. Canário, President of the Directive Board (President), Ester Serrão (member) and Deborah Power (member).
Application documents: Applicants should send their application by email to email@example.com indicating the reference in the subject (Refª CCMAR/IM/04/2017). The application should include: detailed curriculum vitae, copy of PhD certificate, a motivation letter in English that should address the Responsibilities/Experience/Skills requirements and e-mail contacts of up to 3 professional referees. You should consider your application as correctly submitted only after receiving an email confirmation from CCMAR.
Selection: The candidates will be ranked based on the documents provided. Eventually a reduced number of the top ranked candidates may be interviewed.
The selection committee will exercise the right to contact and interview candidates should it require further information or clarification about their application. In the event that no applicant has the necessary profile, or the funding conditions have significantly changed since the announcement of the position, the selection committee reserves the right to close the call without any recruitment. In the event that the contract holder should resign during the contract, the jury reserves the right, upon convenience and opportunity, to assign the post to the next applicant in accordance with the ranking positions.
Results: The decision of the selection committee will be communicated in writing.
CCMAR’s non-discrimination and equal access opportunities policy – No candidate can be privileged, benefited, jeopardised or be deprived of any right or exempt of any claim in regards to descendent, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, economic situation, origin, social economy, genetic heritage, disability, chronic disease, nationality, ethnicity, territory of origin, language, religion, politics, ideology or union membership.