CONTRIBUTIONS FOR THE BOOK OF THE CONGRESS: “ADVANCES IN COMPARATIVE ENDOCRINOLOGY VOL. X”
The general instructions to prepare the chapters for the Book of the 12th Congress of the AIEC from the distinct types of contributions are similar, although the maximum length varies depending on the contributions: Plenaries and State of the Art (6 pages), Oral communications (4 pages) and Posters (3 pages), following the corresponding model attached.
GENERAL DIRECTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF THE MANUSCRIPTS:
The manuscript will be published in black and white.
- Use the document EXAMPLE in format of Microsoft Word in PC. We recommend doing first a copy of the document, renaming the file with the Surname and Initials of the first author (ej. López J.doc), and on the same document rewriting header, title, authors, address and text.
- Maintain the margins of this document and the type and size of the letter (arial 9). All the text has to be written using simple space.
- Write the headers as in the document: in odd pages the authors and in even pages an abbreviated title, all this in arial 9. In the first page there will not be header.
- TITLE in capital letters, bold and centered. Authors: Initial of the name followed by the surname and centered. Address in italics, adjusted to the left.
- TEXT: it is suggested the following order: Abstract, Introduction, Material and methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgements and Bibliography. Use numerical bibliographic references to save space and the format shown in the example.
- FIGURES and TABLES. The Figures and the Tables have to be numbered. The figures need figure captions and the tables a title. Insert the illustrations in the text in the suitable place.
When submitting it please send us the following:
1) the complete word file, built according to the instructions above ,which will be used to compile the book but may suffer some formatting losses when opening in another PC
2) a pdf file of your version of the above, so that we can have a version of your submission that does not loose format
3) a file with the illustrations, independently, in any of the following graphic programs: Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Powerpoint.
The deadline to receive the contributions is December 31, 2019. The manuscript has to be send electronically to the address: email@example.com
- Opens on May 15, 2019
- Closes on June 30, 2019 (Extended deadline)
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT HERE!
Before uploading your abstract please rename the file using the surname and first name of the presenting author (eg: Surname_firstname.docx).
PREPARING YOUR ABSTRACT
- Maximum characters: Total 300 words including Acknowledgments
- Font: Times New Roman. size: 10 Text: single space and justified
- Title: in capital letters and highlighted in bold.
- Authors: First author indicate first name and surname. The remain authors use the name initials followed by the surname. The name of the presenting author should be underlined and email provided
- Affiliation: Include Department/Faculty/University/Research Centre name and address of the different authors. Use superscripts to indicate different authors affiliations.
Final decision on the presentation type will be made the Scientific Committee. The Congress Secretariat will contact you on abstract acceptance and type of presentation selected.
CONFIRMATION OF SUBMISSION
Oral communications should be prepared in PowerPoint or PDF and must be compatible with Windows operative system. Further information on time slots and duration of presentations will be posted online soon and informed upon confirmation abstract acceptance and type of presentation selected.
Posters should be printed in standard vertical A0 format.