4th International Workshop on the Biology of Fish Gametes
The Centre of Marine Sciences (CCMAR) organizes between 17th and 20th September the 4th International Workshop on the Biology of Fish Gametes.
This workshop will be co-funded by the AQUAGAMETE COST Action (FA 1205), which addresses the following issues:
• The assessment and improvement of quality of aquatic animal gametes to enhance aquatic resources
• The need to harmonize and standardize evolving methodologies, and improve transfer from academia to industry.
This Workshop aims to promote the discussion on the Biology of Fish Gametes, dividing the programme in 4 main sessions:
- Gametogenesis and gamete quality;
- Gamete storage and preservation;
- Gamete "omics" and emerging tools;
- Fertilization and progeny.
In each of these sessions, there will be first a plenary talk, and afterwards attendees can present their most recent and outstanding results.
There will also be a special session on the topic "Standardization of experimental procedures" to undertake one of the main topics of the AQUAGAMETE Cost Action.
Venue: Grande Real Santa Eulália Resort & Hotel SPA.
This workshop is sponsored by SPAROS Lda.