Advanced Training - Scientific Writing
Effective scientific writing is a two-day programme designed to help young researchers write papers, PhD theses, conference abstracts, and reports. During the course, participants will learn how to:
- Write clear, concise, correct scientific English
- Edit documents effectively for clarity and consistency
- Plan their documents in order to present a convincing scientific argument* Write clear, effective abstracts
- Give their papers the best chance of acceptance by a target journal
- Improve their awareness of the editorial and peer review process
The course will be highly interactive, and participants will have the opportunity to work on real-life examples of their own papers and abstracts. There will be plenty of time for questions, discussion and personal feedback. The course is aimed at PhD students but would also be useful for other researchers with limited writing/publication experience. The majority of examples used will be from biological subject areas, but participants are welcome from any area of science.
For pre-applications, please write to Cymon Cox (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating your course and supervisor, if you are a student.
Total hours: 16h workshop
Prof. Shirley Ellis
Universidade do Algarve, Campus de Gambelas, 8005-139 Faro
- CCMAR Members: 70 €
- Non-CCMAR Members: 180 €